If you plan to submit a poster to the meeting, you must submit an abstract. We will have adequate space for many posters at the Conference and all posters will be displayed during the entire meeting. The window for poster abstract submission is March 1, 2012 through May 18, 2012. No exceptions will be made to accept abstracts after the deadline.
A. Poster Abstract
Your abstract must follow this format: [Sample Abstract]
2. List authors and affiliations, underline the name of the presenting author, and italicize the affiliations.
3. If applicable, include an acknowledgement of support specifying the grant or contract number following the text of the abstract.
4. Select one of the following topic areas for your abstract: Auditory Prosthesis; Brain Computer/Machine Interface; Deep Brain Stimulation; Electrodes; Materials and Devices; Models and Stimulation Paradigms; Neural Prosthesis; Sensory-Motor and Functional Electrical Stimulation; Visual Prostheses; Optical Stimulation and/or Recording; or Other (indicate a non-listed area that your topic would fall under).
5. Please limit the abstract to 450 words (including Title, Authors, and Affiliations, and topic area.)
6. Times New Roman font, point size 12.
7. Avoid the use of figures.
B. Platform Presentations
If you would like to be considered for a Platform Presentation, please indicate so in the first line of your Poster Abstract (see sample abstract). These presentations give additional visibility to topics and are designed to stimulate discussions at the poster sessions. A Platform Presentation is not meant to be a complete scientific talk, but a brief overview of your research. Due to time limitations, we will only be able to accept a limited number of abstracts within this category. You will be notified before May 31, 2012 whether or not your abstract has been accepted as a Platform Presentation.
1. Speakers for the Platform Presentations will be limited to a 5-minute presentation with no more than three Microsoft PowerPoint slides.
2. The first slide should contain the title, author(s), affiliations, and include an acknowledgement of support specifying the grant or contract number (if applicable).
3. The other two slides should contain a brief background, description of current research and future directions.
1. Please submit the poster abstract as a Word document to:
Dr. Richard A. Normann, Conference Co-Chair, at email@example.com.
2. The subject of your email should be: NIC 2012 Poster Submission (Your Name)